Why Support RenFitness?
You have so many choices as a consumer of where to put your money, and every choice you make is a statement of your values. We believe that the RenFitness Gym is a business worthy of your support because we are trying to do some really ambitious and wonderful things for the ultimate community.
Why Did we open the RenFitness Gym?
We built this space because we believe that strength and conditioning work is integral to the development of ultimate athletes and will help advance the sport of ultimate. We built it because...
- It enables us to create new protocols for training that are informed through interacting with all kinds of athletes and professionals.
- We saw the need for a strength and conditioning facility for ultimate and other fringe sports that get run out of parks and shunned (or charged huge fees) by other gyms that cater to teams.
- Having the flexibility and stability of our own space is the best way for us to help players reach their goals, even though those goals are as varied as the individuals who participate in our programming (both here in Seattle and worldwide).
- We’re passionate about helping people and organizations grow and improve all aspects of their health and we were SO excited to see what the ultimate community would do in this awesome facility if given the chance.
- We want to be here for YOU...because we really do care about our friends and this sport.
For more information on how we got here, check out the story of the gym.
Opportunities to expand our community
Ultimate players are who we created this space to serve. But you know what’s cool? We realized that we also have the chance to help other lesser-resourced sports, and people in the Ballard area, find a home at this gym!
We have the opportunity to make our gym community bigger, and these people make us better. We learn from our independent contractors, who give us tips and bring cool new exercises into the space. We strengthen our sport-specific protocols by working with other similar sports like rugby (who will be in the space more and more in the next year) and finding the ways in which training for ultimate can and should differ.
Having a location enables us expand our offerings to the community by facilitating filming video content and inviting other wellness professionals to do workshops.
Every Ultimate Player Benefits from this space
We strongly believe in our mission to further the sport of ultimate, and while not everyone lives in Seattle, because of the interconnected nature of the ultimate community, we believe that every ultimate player benefits from the work we're doing in this space.
While we're not performing scientific studies in here, we do view the gym as a practical lab where we work with ultimate players on a daily basis. We study their movement patterns, injury mechanisms and recovery process. We try out new sport-specific exercises and test the application of concepts we've researched.
The Seattle community certainly has consistent and direct exposure to our work, but we're connected with the rest of the global community, as well. We've run workshops for all levels and ages of players in Portland, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Canada, Colombia, Italy, and more. All of the work we do in Seattle goes toward advancing and refining protocols we share with the community at large in our travels and virtually through social media, our blog, columns (Skyd, Upwind Ultimate, & the UltyResults blog) and through our new Virtual Gym.
WHAT WE DID THEN
- Several RenFit courses for ultimate athletes in the evenings (limited availability)
- Strength & Conditioning with several highly competitive teams (Sockeye, Riot, Rainmakers/Cascades, Element, Sundodgers)
- Strength & Conditioning with for a couple high school teams (field work and occasional lifting clinic)
- Traveling around the world periodically to lead clinics/workshops with communities and teams
- Writing for Skyd, posting videos on a YouTube channel
WHAT WE OFFER NOW
- Variety of classes and courses for ultimate, other field athletes and the Ballard/Fremont community
- Youth Programming: Camps, gym hours, special courses, and team rentals for kids 0-18
- More offerings (programming, coaching, gym rental) for more teams (Sockeye, Mixtape, Riot, BFG, Cascades, Element, Birdfruit, the Train family, YCC teams)
- Space for other trainers/wellness professionals to coach, treat clients and lead workshops
- Gym memberships so people can work out on their own or with their team
- Community space to hang out, hold meetings and throw our own parties/events when we want to
- Time/space for R & D about the best ways to train for ultimate
- Rent the space for practices, forums, dance parties, movie nights...
- More coaches - RenFitness is now 3 people instead of one, and all 3 coaches travel to do workshops, contribute to gym offerings, and generate online content (Skyd, Upwind Ultimate, UltyResults, our own blog, and the Virtual Gym)
OUr hopes for the Future
Right now, we're doing all that we can to further the sport of ultimate, but we have high hopes for what we can do with your involvement.
We believe Strength & Conditioning is integral to the development and future of ultimate athletes. With a location and your involvement we get to make ultimate athletes all over the globe stronger and more injury resistant!
We have dreams of even bigger ways we can give back to the community once we start turning a profit, but we need your help to get there. We're so excited to take this journey with all of you into the next stage of ultimate's evolution as a sport, and appreciate your support along the way!
SUPPORT US SUPPORTING YOU
The ultimate community can support our gym and its mission (to further the sport of ultimate) in many different ways!
*Buy a membership! Memberships are the lifeblood of the gym business because they allow us stability in income! Those in Seattle have several options to choose from as low as $20! Those who live too far away can sign up for our Virtual Gym for less than $20, getting programming and access to new resources every month!
*Utilize team programming! We offer lifting and/or track programs for team to follow all season long, along with some coaching to make sure form is correct! We also offer one-time team consults (in person and virtual) to help you figure out the direction your team needs!
*Rent space! We offer half and full gym rental prices for all kinds of events - team practices/lifts, community meetings, birthday parties for kids and adults, game film screenings or movie nights - consider supporting us instead of a random bar or community center, especially if you're from out of town!
*Participate in workshops and events! Many of these will be offered virtually, but you will gain so much by attending in person! This is where we are most excited to help the sport grow - enabling community access to other professionals and experts as well as our own coaches! Learn and grow with us!